The South China Morning Post (SCMP) has launched a white paper detailing its new non-fungible token (NFT) metadata commonplace referred to as Artifact. The commonplace will likely be used to mint historic NFTs, together with the SCMP’s personal inaugural NFT assortment.
- The SCMP mentioned that Artifact’s metadata construction will likely be constructed on the Flow blockchain created by Dapper Labs, the makers of the favored NBA Top Shot video NFTs.
- The Artifact white paper outlines a proposed governance construction in addition to the event of a devoted market for the sale of historic NFTs.
- The SCMP, which was purchased by Chinese tech large Alibaba in 2016, first introduced its plans to develop Artifact again in July.
- “Through our Artifact white paper, we look ahead to inspiring different ‘guardians of historical past’ to share our imaginative and prescient of creating historical past extra discoverable, linked, and collectable,” mentioned Gary Liu, SCMP’s CEO, in a press release.
- “We’re proud for SCMP to launch this visionary venture that reanimates significant historic moments and we’re excited they’ve chosen Flow to be the muse of Artifact’s launch protocol,” mentioned Mickey Maher, SVP, Partnerships, Dapper Labs.