Bitcoin mining firm Fortress Technologies has ordered 4,500 Bitmain Antminer S19j Pro machines because it seeks to seize a better share of mining income.
- The buy will greater than triple Fortress’ hashrate from 195 petahash per second to 645 PH/s, the corporate announced Monday. A petahash is a measure of computational energy.
- The machines are scheduled for supply in month-to-month instalments from April to September 2022.
- Financial phrases weren’t disclosed, and Fortress didn’t instantly reply to CoinDesk’s request for particulars.
- The buy follows two weeks after Fortress purchased 180 Whatsminers M30S machines, that are expected to be put in by the center of this month.
- Fortress, which is listed on the Toronto Venture Exchange (TSX-V: FORT), underwent a shake-up of its management group in September following the departure of CEO Aydin Kilic, who joined publicly traded crypto mining agency Hive Blockchain as president and chief operations officer.
- At the time, Fortress named Antonin Scalia CEO and Drew Armstrong chief working officer. Both executives got here from Galaxy Digital.
Read extra: Hive Blockchain Orders Another 6,500 Bitcoin Mining Machines From Canaan