Core Scientific, the blockchain internet hosting and digital asset mining firm, is constructing a brand new 300- megawatt (MW) blockchain knowledge heart in Denton, Texas.
- The firm is constructing the info heart utilizing “emissions-free energy supplemented by renewable power credit.”
- “When accomplished, the brand new Denton knowledge heart will enhance the corporate’s whole energy capability to greater than 800MW whereas remaining 100% web carbon-neutral,” the corporate stated in a statement on Thursday.
- The growth is part of a growth collaboration with privately held Tenaska Energy, which is able to present growth and energy administration companies for the ability and function power advisor.
- Core is planning to go public through a particular function acquisition firm (SPAC) with Power & Digital Infrastructure Acquisition Corp.
- Recently, crypto mining agency Argo Blockchain stated that it agreed to purchase 20,000 mining machines for the info heart it’s constructing in West Texas. Argo stated that by selecting the Texas location, it has been ready to safe entry to among the “least expensive renewable power worldwide.”