Bitfarms (BITF), the Canadian bitcoin miner, has doubled its mining energy during the last eight months, the corporate mentioned in a press release on Monday.
- The firm has elevated its hashrate to exceed 2 exahash per second (EH/s) on the identical time when the Bitcoin community has grown about 12%, permitting it to achieve a bigger share of the community hashrate. Hashrate is a measure of the whole quantity of pc processing energy securing a proof-of-work cryptocurrency.
- “As we proceed to execute on our growth plans, we count on to proceed to outpace Bitcoin community development to drive even increased bitcoin manufacturing numbers all through 2022,” mentioned Emiliano Grodzki, Bitfarms founder and CEO, within the assertion.
- Bitfarms has already obtained and put in 1,500 S19j Pro miners in November, and has 2,701 Bitmain S19j Pro mining machines and 400 MicroBT M30S miners which can be scheduled to be obtained and put in all through the rest of November.
- Bitfarms has additionally bought 48,000 MicroBT miners, that are scheduled for supply in 2022.
- On Nov. 1, Bitfarms mentioned it deliberate to develop its mining capability to greater than 2 EH/s after hitting a document hashrate of 1.8 EH/s in October.