CleanSpark (CLSK), the sustainable bitcoin mining firm, stated it has bought 2,597 extra Antminer S19 computer systems so as to capitalize on favorable bitcoin spot costs.
- The new machines might be delivered “instantly,” including to the corporate’s 2,711 rigs which have already been bought and scheduled for supply this month, the corporate stated in a statement.
- “We proceed to take benefit of favorable pricing within the spot market to buy machines as alternatives current themselves, fairly than locking up capital for lengthy intervals of time, whereas we use the usual technique of future supply contracts,” stated Zach Bradford, CEO and President.
- The new machines will enhance the corporate’s hashrate by nearly 20% from 1.3 exahash per second (EH/s) to almost 1.6 EH/s.
- The complete hashrate of the Bitcoin community is about 162 EH/s as of Nov. 18, in accordance to information analytics agency Glassnode, making CleanSpark’s mining energy about 1% of the whole community.
- CleanSpark shares had been up shut to 5% on Friday, in step with the positive factors of most of its crypto mining friends.
Read More: CleanSpark Spends Some of Its Bitcoin to Buy 4,500 New Mining Machines