Cryptocurrency dealer Voyager Digital has acquired a $75 million funding from buying and selling agency Alameda Research.
- The funding will likely be used for development, Voyager Digital (TSX: VOYG) stated Thursday. Shares of the corporate soared 39% in Toronto.
- Voyager Digital and Alameda plan to faucet into alternatives in non-fungible tokens (NFT) and crypto derivatives in addition to work along with lawmakers on shaping regulation.
- “Through our strategic partnership, we imagine there are limitless mutually helpful alternatives to develop each our companies,” stated Caroline Ellison, the co-CEO of Alameda.
- Alameda Research was launched by crypto billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried who introduced Oct. 12 he was taking a step again to make room for co-CEOs Ellison and Sam Trabucco.
- Currently, Alameda Research trades over $5 billion a day throughout hundreds of merchandise together with cryptocurrencies, altcoins and their derivatives.
- Voyager Digital will concern some 7.7 million shares to Alameda, giving it a stake of greater than 4%.
Read extra: Voyager Digital a Step Closer to Operating in EU After French Regulatory Approval
UPDATE (OCT. 29, 13:27 UTC): Updates with closing share transfer in first bullet, provides Alameda stake in closing bullet.